Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Source of inspiration

Artists create works of art. What is it that inspires them to create? A lot of things. First of all, the masterpieces of other artists influence them hugely. It has always been difficult for myself to
answer the question which artist inspires me most. In the morning I like one thing, and what I like in the evening will be very different. In the morning I recollect romantic and poetic pictures of Barbizonians.

Matisse is floating across my mind in the evening, and then I think that here, this is the best and the most outstanding what a man can create. But if I look at Matisse for long enough, I am getting tires of bright spots of colour, and in the end I get bored.

After this, I want to look at Vermeer, etc.

All good artists inspire me from time to time. I am inspired by the means through which different artists reflect different atmosphere. Sometimes, I want to convey the same atmosphere in my picture, but trough my own means and ways. The "Autumn Day" was painted under the influence of Barbizon school.

In the "Morning on the Volga" I deliberately made the composition very similar to the one of Levitan's "Reach", but the mood and the atmosphere are totally different.





Translate on Russian
Художники создают произведения искусства. А что вдохновляет их на создание? Очень многое. И прежде всего огромное влияние оказывают великие произведения других художников. Мне всегда трудно ответить на вопрос, какой художник меня больше всего вдохновляет. Утром мне нравится одно, а вечером совсем другое. Утром я, например, вспоминаю романтичные, с легким флером поэзии произведения барбизонцев. А вечером перед внутренним взором встает Матисс, и я думаю - вот оно самое лучшее и блестящее, что вообще может быть создано человеком. Но если я долго смотрю на картины Матисса, яркие пятна надоедают, и в конце концов становится скучно. После этого я хочу видеть Вермеера и т.д.
Все хорошие художники вдохновляют меня время от времени.
Меня вдохновляет то, как художники передают состояние. Иногда мне хочется передать в своей картине это же состояние, но своими средствами. "Осенний день" написан под влиянием барбизонцев. А вот в картине "Утро на Волге" я сознательно выстраивал композицию, подобную "Плесу" Левитана, но настроение и состояние придал совсем иное.

No comments:

Post a Comment